Friday, April 10, 2009

About Me


Hello, my name is Sandy and welcome to my blog, It's a Jungle Out There.

For the last ten years I have been a full-time real estate agent working with clients in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. I started in business after retiring from 25 years in human resources. I love my work in real estate because I meet people from many different places and all walks of life, and I love learning about new people. I am married and am blessed to be part of a wonderful family which includes two stepchildren and five terrific grandchildren.

A big part of my life involves community service. In addition to my career in real estate, I also run a local Christmas charity for children of needy families and serve as a member of my town's juvenile hearing board. For the last 30+ years I have also dabbled in genealogical research and am proud to be a direct descendant of Reverend John Robinson, Pastor to the Pilgrims.

I love to read anything and everything and am a member of a Book Club. My husband, Paul, and I share our house with two crazy dogs: Lucy, a Jack Russell Terrier and Rosey, a Golden Retriever, both of whom I'm sure you will hear lots more about. Paul and I love to travel and I hope to share some of those stories, too.

When I thought about becoming a blogger, my intentions were to share some insight into the real estate market and provide some general information about buying or selling a home. For that information please visit my real estate blog at Rhode Island Real Estate. Along the way I hope to also blog about our travels, town and life in general!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will again!

Sandy

10 comments:

Pam said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! You're blog looks great!

Sandy said...

Thanks, Pam, and thanks for all your help.

SweetWICK said...

Very neat blog!

lemonologie said...

Cute blog design!

Colleen said...

Hi! I'm a new blogger and new to SITS too. That's where I found you! I'm glad I stopped by!

Unknown said...

Interesting background...sounds like you have a lovely and full life! Looking forward to keeping up with you, when you get a chance, check out The Pursuit of Mommyness!
http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/

Randa Derkson said...

You have a fantastic blog!

Lisa said...

I love that you are so involved in the Adopt-A-Family program! I am involved with a similar program through the company I work for :-) There is nothing better than knowing that you made someone's holiday happier!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Your blog looks great. I hope to get mine looking all shiny and organized some day. I'm going through your book montage for some good book ideas. I have read almost all of them. Looks like we have a lot in common. Keep up the good work.
Blessings

Unknown said...

Quite an impressive blog. Nice pics.

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.