Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Unofficial End of Summer


I am really sorry to see summer end this year. We have had such wonderful weather. Yes, it's been hot and there's been a lot of sweating going on but that is so much better than all the rain we got last summer.

Although I admit I'm going to miss this gorgeous weather the one thing I do look forward to at the end of the season is our annual family trip to New Hampshire. Four years in a row we have taken the family for Labor Day weekend. This year we had six adults, five kids and four dogs. It's a big house and you can imagine it gets pretty crazy, but we all love it and look forward to it all year.

Today I am going to feature Pam of Pam's Perspectives who just happens to be my stepdaughter and who wrote a fabulous post about the weekend. So I'm going to be lazy and just send you over there for a visit. Please take the time to stop by her post Labor Day Tradition. She's got some great photos of the weekend.

Happy Fall everyone!

7 comments:

Katherine said...

I read about your trip at Pam's blog. It sounds amazing! What a great tradition.

Dawn Lopez said...

Hi there Sandy! This summer was fantastic... though I have to admit I am welcoming fall! My favorite season!

My name is Dawn and I am also from RI! Saw your blog listed in the New England Blog Directory! My husband and I have a blog too at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com. Hope you will come visit us too!

We are now following you with google connect! =}

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love tradition. Looks like it was a wonderful time.

Michele said...

It looks like you had a great time and the weather looked lovely.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed Pam's recap of the weekend, and the pictures were really good too. The stuff that memories are made of.

Pam said...

This is the third time I've tried to post a comment on this post! What the heck!

Anyway thanks for linking to my blog! It was a bit Twilight Zone-ish to come here to read your thoughts and be sent to my own blog. *cue Twilight Zone music*

Great post! LOL!

Jeanie said...

Bidding farewell to summer is one of the hardest things I must do each year. It isn't that I don't love September -- I do -- it's always a beautiful month. But oh, the pace of it all!

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.