Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Get Out of My Chair

I have a chair. My very own chair. I've never had a chair before. I like it.

I mentioned the new/old black leather chair in my living room post. I bought it from a couple who were selling their condo including much of their furniture (the cars in the garage, too) because they were moving to San Miguel Allende, Mexico. Forever. How cool is that? They began vacationing there a few years ago, fell in love with the people and city and decided it was where they wanted to retire. I have no desire to live anywhere as an expat but this sounds very romantic.

They had very interesting pieces so when I heard they were selling and had made a list of things they wanted to get rid of, I grabbed a copy and put my initials on several. I thought my favorite was going to be a print of two leopards which is hanging in the living room but I believe it's going to be my chair.

A black leather recliner that swivels. It's very soft and comfy, and they only wanted $75. A real bargain. I said I'd buy it before I knew where we would put it. It fits fine in the living room.

Paul has always had a chair. I have always had to sit on a couch which meant I usually laid down and fell asleep watching television or reading. He has a recliner in the den and had another chair and ottoman in the living room. The chair and ottoman were unceremoniously thrown out on the lawn a few months ago because they belonged in the trash. While looking for new furniture we found a beautiful brown leather recliner which he has claimed.

MY chair fits right by the fireplace and an electrical outlet for my laptop. A side table with a lamp and place for my wine glass or tea mug sits close by.

So now I have my very own chair. And nobody better sit in it.

5 comments:

Katherine said...

I keep thinking that I have a chair. And then I find a little kid curled up there, and sometimes that little kid has also left half his cup of juice and a bunch of cookie crumbs on the chair. At that point, I usually just let them have it.

Unknown said...

I have my own chair and ottoman, I love it, everyone knows it's mine. I really love the way your room has turned out. Good job on getting your own chair too.
I have a lamp, a laptop handy, a table for my beverage or snack, and a book or Kindle always handy.

Vodka Logic said...

Nice, please be sure to point it out if I ever visit.. don't want to offend :)

I have an end of the couch that is where I usually sit.. but I fall asleep too. Must. get. a. chair

Pam said...

Perfect spot to read! I have the same problem with reading on the sofa. I'm usually asleep within 15 minutes!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you, sounds like a perfect place to sit and blog.

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.