Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You've Got a Friend

Today is my birthday. I got an email from an old, an older friend, although not much older, that said, "Welcome to the "Double Nickel Tour." So that tells you the number.

Trust me, I am not complaining. Recently there have been several people I know who will be celebrating no more birthdays. So for now, I'll take as many as I can get.

On my Facebook page it says today is my birthday. Very early this morning I started getting emails from Facebook telling me friends and family from near and far were wishing me a Happy Birthday. There were quite a few. As the day goes on, there are more and more.

Facebook makes sending birthday wishes very simple, even reminds you whose birthday it is if they have it in their profile. I am in no way minimizing these birthday wishes. It's really nice that so many people took a couple minutes out their days to say Happy Birthday. As each one arrives I take a minute and think about who sent it.

The message that really got to me, choked me up a little, was this from Janice, "Happy Birthday Sandy! Beautiful person and great friend! Have a wonderful day!" In those few words, she just made my day in a way she probably didn't expect.

Thanks, Janice. Thank you everyone else who thought of me today.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoying your birthday Sandy. I was once the person everyone knew would send a card, and then I started slacking, and now I'm doing good to get a fb message or email out to everyone.
I love getting mail, so I assume most people like receiving it also.
I hope your mailboxes of all kinds were filled with happy wishes for this and many more birthdays!!

Anonymous said...

I also use to mail or leave birthday cards but now do most of my well wishing on FB. It is a lot less effort but no less sincere. We need a night out on the town. Have fun tonight and give that gorgeous, wonderful man of yours a hug from me. He is a lucky man and he knows it.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sandy, Happy Birthday to you! Hope your have a perfect day.

Mama-Face said...

Happy Birthday Bloggy Friend. Hope it has been and continues to be a great day. :)

Pam said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you made into Providence for dinner.

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet message to your friend.

I actually like the Facebook birthday messages. They allow me to send messages to people I might otherwise not, and visa versa. Yes, they may not be very personal, but them still taking the time to write it (even 10 seconds) is nice.

Sultan said...

I hope you have had a Dionysian birthday!

Midwest to Midlands said...

Happy Birthday, I have never heard of double nickel before, but I guess that means we are the same YOUNG age!

Pond Liners said...

It is meditative to come here. Thanks for the serenity and tribute to Nature and all that it encompasses. I find the way you create your posts to be one of my favorite moments of my day or week.

Jeanie said...

Belated birthday greetings -- I hope it was happy.

I've missed such a lot -- thanks for the 879 tip and I'm glad you have YOUR chair! Your living room reno looks absolutely beautiful -- I'm in serious need of a new rug and new paint. I've been leaning toward a color similar to yours -- looks great with the white trim!

I missed you for a long while when you stopped blogging for a bit -- glad you stopped by; it's been fun catching up!

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.