Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello Again

I'm back. How many times have I said that in a post?

When I was trying to think of a title, I thought Hello Again worked. A couple weeks ago we watched the most recent Kennedy Center annual awards and Neil Diamond was honored. He must be 100 years old. I remember him when I was a kid. He's still a great performer. He's written so many songs that went on to be big hits not only for himself but for other entertainers. I saw Shrek, The Musical last week, too. Know the song "I'm a Believer?" Neil wrote it.

But I digress. So what I have I been doing over the last 10 weeks? Mostly I have been watching Paul suffer through a back injury, subsequent surgery and post-op recovery. Weeks before the surgery, which took place the week of Thanksgiving, he was in agony. I've never seen someone hurt that much. There wasn't much I could do but I tried to be home as much as I could.

The surgery. There have been serious complications which he has been dealing with since. Next week we're getting a second opinion. We'll see what comes of that.

Then there's my work with Adopt-a-Family. That take a tremendous amount of my time and energy from September through December. Most of that work is done now but I'm still spending a few hours a week trying to wrap everything up for another year.

Then there's the usual stuff that we all deal with, especially during the holidays. I can't say I'm sorry it's over for another year. As for the whole year 2011, good riddance, I say. It wasn't a great year for us, and it was a difficult year for many of my family and friends. New Year's Eve I kicked its ass right out. Here's hoping 2012 will be happier, healthier and more prosperous (whatever that means to you) for all of us.

As for the blog, I've thought about it a lot. I've wondered if I would ever get back to it. I've got several posts half written and many more ideas. I guess I'm not ready to wrap it up. Here I am.

Hello again.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.