Sunday, January 8, 2012

No Resolutions, Just Change

I am not the typical Type A personality. A friend always told me I am over-achiever. I was never sure what that meant. I just went to an online dictionary and read the definition. I think it was supposed to be a compliment. Not sure about that either.

I am also not a resolution maker. I used to be but I was never very good about keeping them, and I just set myself up for failure and disappointment. I know I'm not the only one in that boat. Have you ever been in a gym the first week of the year? It's standing room only for the machines. Check back in February. No problem.

Last year I did commit (not resolve) to use the 15th of each month as Purge Day. While I didn't purge on exactly the 15th, I did get rid of something/clean out a drawer/closet during each month.

Very refreshing. At least until this past week when I wanted something I had tossed 10 days before. But I will keep purging on a regular basis.

What I have committed to for 2012 is to finish things I start. I don't mean the painting I began in 1991 or the quilt I started in 1986. Rather, when I have something in my hand with a destination, I will NOT put it down on the counter half way there when I get distracted by something else. Although as I look around my kitchen counters right now I see two things that need to be put away. Be right back.

Okay I'm back. I put away the couple things I noticed. I also put clean dishes from last night away, took my vitamins, washed a couple more things and got another cup of coffee. I'm not sure if that's a plus or a minus considering I distracted myself from writing my blog about getting distracted.

I guess I'm a work in progress.

Any resolutions for you this year?

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.